My first train from Bellac to Limoges was 15 minutes late and I already started freaking out because I thought I was going to miss my next time. When it finally did come, it was only one car, luckily it didn’t make any stops through are went directly from Bellac to Limoges (normally there are about three stops).
My second and third trains went fine. I just listened to my iPod and dozed in and out of sleep. Once I got off of my third train, I realized that I was in Spain. I thought it was still France but after all I heard was Spanish I figured it out really quickly. Seeing as I looked like a lost puppy, one of the workers approached me and asked me (in Spanish) where I was going. *Remember I took a few semesters of Spanish three years ago. I responded with a combo of French and Spanish and told him I was going to Madrid. He then gave me directions in Spanish and by his hand motions and the few words that I did understand I figured out where I needed to go. When I got on my fourth train, I noticed right away that the train is nicer than French trains and that there are TV’s on the train. I soon figured out that there were outlets so I could use my computer! The other three trains didn’t have outlets…which is ok. It’s the most important that this train has outlets because it is a 6 hr ride and the others weren’t more than 3. I watched the movie “The Tourist” that I borrowed from the German teacher (the woman I went on a hike with). It was a good movie and two hours quickly passed. The only thing that is bad is that there is a Spanish lady sitting next to me who is bigger and she is in my seat a little bit…and she is sleeping and I am not that good at sitting still, especially when I’ve basically been sitting all day. I may be annoying but oh well, I don’t care at this point.
As of right now (I am on train number 4), I have four hours left. Ugh. Can’t wait to just be there!
Spain is beautiful from what I saw so far from the train window. We passed in between so mountains that had snow on top. We also went through the country which was pretty as well but it even looked different from France’s countryside. I just can’t pinpoint exactly how, I know there are differences, I just don’t know how to explain it.
The architecture is also different in Spain. It seems that Spain is possibly more modern and “new.” French houses are often old and have been remodeled. The houses that I see seem newer and the architecture is just different. Once again it’s hard for me to figure out the exact differences.
The architecture is also different in Spain. It seems that Spain is possibly more modern and “new.” French houses are often old and have been remodeled. The houses that I see seem newer and the architecture is just different. Once again it’s hard for me to figure out the exact differences.
Ok, my back is starting to hurt and I want to relax for a little bit. Can’t wait to start having fun and not be confined to this train!
____________________________________________________________________________
Ok, I am now in hour twelve and I am really wanting to get off this train. My butt hurts from sitting here so long (personal problem and TMI…sorry). I have one more hour until I am there! Thank the Lord!
About an hour ago I started feeling nauseous and sick to my stomach. Apparently I was just hungry. I ate and felt much better. I then watched movie number two (one I already saw when I was student teaching). Nonetheless, it is a French classic and I watched it in French with French subtitles. It is crazy how much more I understand when there are subtitles! I wish that wasn’t the case but it is ok for now. Hopefully at the end of my seven months here I will understand a lot more and not need subtitles anymore!
On the TV’s on the train there is some Spanish movie on and there are subtitles! I can even understand a lot of the movie. My brain is going to be going crazy while I am here because I understand a lot of Spanish but I can’t speak! They always say is you don’t use it, you lost it. And I lost my Spanish! When someone speaks to my in a foreign language my first reaction is to speak to them in French and I am pretty sure that will not work here! Oh well, I will be with a friend and I am really excited!
Alright, I don’t have much more news for me seeing as nothing happened and I am still sitting in the same seat I was 6 hours ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment