Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monday and Tuesday PRE-MADRID

I haven’t done too much the past two days.  Yesterday consisted of downloading music and going grocery shopping.  I also did a lot of research trying to find a hotel to stay in when I am in Paris with Jordan.  I am learning that I really HATE planning vacations.  They stress me out and I always feels like I can’t find the best deal.  And when I do find a good deal, I second guess myself and convince myself that there has to be something wrong with the hotel and that’s why it’s cheap.  I can’t win.  Grrr.  I just remind myself that it will be worth it in the long run!
Last night I tried to take a shower and there wasn’t any hot water so I decided to wait until this morning.  This morning…still no hot water.  I  asked a worker if he knew why there wasn’t any hot water and he kindly told me they were doing work on the water and there won’t be any hot water until tomorrow afternoon.  Thanks for the heads up.  Reminder: I am leaving tomorrow morning for Madrid.  So, I decided to go for a run, get hot and sweaty and then take a quick shower.  The run went well and I discovered a great place to take pictures of the city.  When I came back I took a quick shower and froze my butt off.  The whole being sweaty part didn’t help too much, I was still freezing.  Sometimes you just have to suck it up, being stinky was just not an option!
Besides my cold shower and run I also decided to go for a walk back to where I ran and I took some pictures…Hope you enjoy the next few pictures.  I will write a caption above each one. 
This is the entrance I use to go to my room.  Only Jose and I use this entrance, the students use a different one.  (All French houses and property have some type of fence around them, I don't really know why, it seems like a hassle and a nuisance to me)!
This is a grave yard near my school.  Sometimes I think that there may be more dead people in my town than alive.  Maybe that's morbid but there are tons of tombstones there!

This is a really pretty house that I saw.  The red leaves are just beautiful.  (Notice the fence around the house).

The "rives de vincou"...Vincou River (not much of a river, more like a creek).  It is very pretty and very relaxing down by the water.  I am standing on a one lane bridge.  Cars take turns crossing it (it normally isn't busy).

As you can see, the "city"of Bellac is on a hill.  Meaning everytime I want to go to the river I have to go down a big hill and going back home is never much fun!  I get out of breath easily because it's so steep!
I thought this picture turned out really cool.  The tree is covering the house but you can see it's reflection in theriver.  Notice the pretty fall leaves floating in the river.


Here's a picture of me (in case you actually wanted to see my face) going "au naturel."
Hope you enjoyed all of the pictures.  Let me know if you have any questions!  Thanks for reading.
PS-Tomorrow I leave for Madrid so I am not sure when you will get an update on my vacation.  There will be pictures though, just be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment