Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chateauroux, Teaching, Vacation, and a Making Friends at its Sketchiest

So I have officially decided that I am not very good at writing a blog. I am not disciplined in the least. I read my friend Anna’s blog who is in London now every day (she actually posts every day) and I love it! If feels like I am in London with her. And then there’s me…who is lucky if I write one post a week. I need to get better at this. I tell myself everyday “oh, I should blog” and then Facebook distracts me and I waste my life away.

Ok, so I guess I should skim my last post to see what I wrote about…

So now that I skimmed my blog and read my friend Anna’s latest post, I can fill you in on the past week. Or at least from what I remember.

Last Friday (6 days ago), I went to visit my friend Chelsea in Chateauroux. This is the Chelsea that I met in Avignon, France two years ago who just so happens to be from Hamburg, New York! She is living with a host family and teaching English but with a different program. I had a great time. We went to the movies and saw the movies “Drive” and “Sex List,” both of which were in French. And we understand the vast majority of it, although we both missed one part to Drive, but it wasn’t really important. It was really fun going to the movies and being able to relax (even though we constantly had to translate). It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be though. OH and what makes this even better is that her host dad owns the movie theatre so we didn’t have to pay!! SCORE!! We also did some shopping in Chateauroux. My goal for the weekend was to find a belt (because my jeans were dirty and stretched out because I didn’t have permission to use the washer at school) and a winter coat. AND check, I found both. I bought a 6 euro belt and a 60 euro coat. I love my new coat. It is a dark tan/light brown, long, down, sexy, slimming coat. It was a little more than I wanted to pay but it’s a coat and you can’t get them for much cheaper! Her host family was super nice. There was a mom, dad, and three daughters. The whole family was very welcoming and hospitable. They even invited me to come back and stay another weekend with them whenever I want to! The weekend left me jealous that there was actually things to do in her town and jealous of her host family. It was so nice to be around people and to be speaking French!

Teaching this week has gone well…I just have two more classes left for the week and then I am on vacation for the next two weeks! The bad part is that I really don’t have any plans yet. I wanted to go to Madrid but it ended up being too expensive because I am a last minute Lucy and didn’t book early enough ahead. Tomorrow I am going to Limoges and am hopefully going to spend the night (even though I don’t have a place to crash yet, I am working on it though). I was also invited to go on a hike or go swimming with the German teacher from the middle school and was invited to spend a few nights at one of my teacher’s houses near Limoges. People feel bad for me. It’s pathetic but I am thankful. I also may tag along with some friends to go see some medieval town (that doesn’t have cars) in the area. But I would be just that…someone who “tags along.” I don’t want to be annoying and intrude but I don’t want to be bored stiff either. We will see, everything will work out, I know it!

Yesterday I met up with a French girl who found me on Facebook. It very sort of random but seeing as I don’t really have friends (especially French friends), I didn’t have anything to lose. She was very nice and showed me a couple of pretty places in the area and then we went to her house and had tea and I met her parents. We then went to visit her horse and the horse really seemed to like me. Maybe I will get to ride it soon? The horse is very friendly and loved getting attention. So I guess we can say that I made two friends! She also invited me to go on a short trip with her on November 11th with her and a friend to the Atlantic coast. It’s not too far and it is going to be a cheap trip! Woohoo, one more weekend that I don’t have to make plans for! Overall, it was totally worth it to put myself out there and meet someone that found me on Facebook.

I think that is all for now, I hope you enjoyed all of my updates…and I will try and be better about updating more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment