Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Day of Mixed Emotions

So today was an interesting because my emotions were all over the place. Was worried to super happy, to stressed and then ended the night content with my life and my boyfriend. Let me just say...I have been freaking out at least once a week (usually more) and he has been my rock when I am freaking out. He constantly reminds me that is just the beginning and that everything will be ok. Even if I get annoyed at him when he tells me that, he has this soothing way of making me feel better and calming me down. And I love him so much for being there for me even when I am the one who walked away from him in the first place and decided to come here!
Ok, so enough of the mooshy gooshy stuff. The reason why today was hard was that I thought out last night that the German teaching assistant Karina moved out and found an apartment. While this is great news for me and I knew she was looking for a new place to live (I would be too if I was 27, financially stable, had a car, and had to live with the students instead of my room secluded from the students), I was almost hoping she wouldn't ever find a place! How mean of me. Regardless, the reason why this is hard is because Karina and I were exploring everything together while Rose the spanish teaching assistant is already a pro because its his second year doing this. He already has friends, a family near Bellac that basically adopted him into their family and all in all he knows what he is doing. While that is great, he is often busy with other people/friends leaving me bored and alone here at the boarding school. I am sure it will be easier tough when I start teaching next week and I am busy planning and such! I just need to give it a chance. It's just hard when this afternoon I sat in my room waiting for Jordan to get out of class and occupied myself by searching on the web and taking a nap. How fun. Haha.
Overall, my day went ok. Not stellar, not terrible. I also introduced myself to 4 classes this morning and the students seem nice, but just at a very low lovel. I then met with a teacher at the middle school and my schedule is set in place now. Still with Fridays off and Monday morning free. A pretty awesome perk except the rest of my hours are sort of weird. I'm sure being the over-achiever that I am it will take me a while to plan lessons though!
The middle school teacher Laetitia was nice but not very good at making conversation. We talked a little bit and asked the basics and tried to engage in conversation but it was really hard. I try to be outgoing but I am can be so outgoing in my second language...if she would have spoken to me in English it would have been different, and seeing as she is an English teacher that would have been nice of her. One thing I will say is that she is very pretty and is fashionable. I am sure classes will be fine, it was just a little awkward. Maybe it will be beter next week when I start teaching!
Ok, its almost midnight now and I suppose I should go to bed. Bonne nuit mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment