Today I slept until 11:47...and for those of you who don’t know me, I don’t think I’ve EVER slept that long in my life. I am such a morning person it’s ridiculous. I didn’t go to bed last night until 2:30 (only because my internet stopped working) because I know I would be bored in the morning because there is nothing to do on Sundays and no one from home is awake yet.
After a morning of bumming around and cleaning a little bit, I got ready for a HIKE! The German teacher at the middle school named Nicole invited me to go on a hike with her on Thursday. She isn’t even my teacher but she befriended me and she is so generous and welcoming. I think she realized how hard it is for me to be in Bellac with nothing to do. I am very thankful for her.
We went on a 10km walk (6.2 miles!!) in the country side. It was very pretty and peaceful. My legs are now a little tired but it wasn’t too difficult. Some uphill but not too bad! Nicole’s son, daughter, and husband came with us. I spoke with Nicole pretty much the whole trip and it was great to speak French so much. It is very easy to talk to her because she makes me feel very comfortable. I think I am going to start asking around to see if there is a conversation group or something I can join to speak French more often. I know they offer French courses but I don’t need courses really (they are expensive I heard!), I just want to be able to speak French more often otherwise my French won’t improve like I want it to! And seeing as that is the reason that I am here, I better get moving!
Here are some pictures from the hike today…enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment