Thursday, September 29, 2011

Boring Day

Nothing important really happened today. I skyped with my mom, Jordan (for a long time and loved it!), Chelsea, and Michele (just through typing). The majority of my day was spent on the computer and I am ok with that.

At lunch, I officially decided that French people eat incredibly fast…and I eat fast so that is saying something. And they eat A TON at lunch! So much that I couldn’t finish it, and I skipped breakfast and let’s not forget that I love food! It was something along the lines of turkey pot pie over rice with a biscuit, a couple hard boiled eggs, a pear, and a piece of French bread. The food at the cafeteria is ok. I can’t complain… it’s cheap (€2.66 ) and there are quite a few options (at least in side dishes).

After speaking to the secretary of the school, I’ve come to the realization that I am at the same level of French/confidence at the end of my previous trip to France and I am now…which is good. Reminiscing about my last trip, I was so scared to talk to anyone in the beginning and would always plan out what I would say. Now, I went up to the secretary and was only mildly nervous! AND, I understood everything that she told me…another plus! So that’s good news to me and it shows me that my French has room to grow and complete fluency BETTER happen this trip!!!!
Lastly, I made it through another day without going crazy or having a meltdown…I am finally getting used to this France thing. I refuse to get used to not having any friends though, this has got to change! It would be really nice to have company to explore the village with me! The German language assistant should come soon and she is living here too…I will try and be her friend even if she’s weird. She’s all I got right now!

I was also given a new move-in date to my actual room (so I don’t have to live on the same floor as my students and so that I can actually start to unpack my suitcases)! The new tentative date is by Friday or later (I’ve already heard that it was going to be done by Wednesday night and then Thursday morning); thus, my hopes aren’t up to high! And FYI, moving into my own room means I will have WiFi in my room (I don’t get internet after 8PM because that is when the teacher’s lounge closes)! Meaning, I am bored stiff from 8 until I go to bed (explaining why I wrote such a long blog post when I didn’t actually accomplish anything today)!
That’s all for tonight. Bonne Nuit (Goodnight!)

1 comment:

  1. "I will try and be her friend even if she’s weird. She’s all I got right now!" this is so funny because i can so relate. desperate times call for desperate measures!! take what u can get in friends sometimes!!!! (sometimes they better just to leave them be i guess too....) hahah.

    ReplyDelete