Now I am finally caught up to today. Finally! I just wrote all of this for about an hour straight (4 pages single spaced)! Today I met a bunch of the teachers here at the high school. They were all very nice to me. I also am moved into my temporary room until my room is ready. Right now I am in a student room on the all girls floor at the internat –or in English boarding school. They gave me some blankets (that feel like itchy wool), they will not last for long, they are gross. I will be either borrowing or buying a comforter soon. I also saw the room where I will be staying which seems nice, it’s not done yet though. There will be a sink in my room and a shower and a bathroom in the hallway that I will share with the German language assistant when she gets here. I also saw the cafeteria where I can eat and had someone set up my wireless. Besides that , I pretty much chilled out in the teacher’s lounge and wrote some post cards and searched the web. AKA I was bored and had too much time to think.
I then gave myself a short walking tour of the city and found 2 grocery stores…one similar to a smaller scale Walmart (but still very large!!!) and an Aldi’s-like store. I also walked into a shoe store and a clothing store that seemed ok. And lastly, I found a park where I can run when I feel motivated!
When I came back, I had a mini-breakdown, I’m not going to lie, because I was lonely (I don’t know a single soul here besides the teachers and most of them don’t even live in Bellac!) and freaking out about everything in general. Luckily my awesome boyfriend calmed me down and reassured me that I am a strong woman (even though I felt super weak and vulnerable) and everything is going to be ok. I know I just need time to settle in and meet people and everything will be ok. I will try not to have any more melt downs…tomorrow is another day and I will try and make the best of it. It is now 11:15 and I am getting sleepy, my hands hurt from typing, and I don’t have much else to say. So goodnight world and I am will try and do better to keep up on my blog both so you’re not bored and so that I never have to write this much again!
No comments:
Post a Comment