As recommended by my friend Chelsea Gifford, we decided to do two bike tours- a day and a night tour. They both did different routes. This was my most favorite thing I did in Paris! We had two totally awesome tour guides and learned a lot about the city. The day tour was awesome because we learned a lot of history about Paris and its sights and our tour guide was hilarious. He was from Portugal and had a corky humor. Ex- he told us we needed to dominate the roads and had us making Spartan warrior/pirate/any intimidating sound that you wanted. Ex 2- We learned that some important guy (I forgot his name) hated the Eiffel Tower so much that he ate lunch of it every day…when asked why he ate there id he hated it, he said that it was the only place in the city where he didn’t have to look at the huge hunk of metal! We also learned about the French Revolution and saw the place where the peasants stormed and where they used the guillotine to kill people! Pretty interesting huh? Or not, and maybe I just like this stuff. That tour lasted about 4 hours (6.5 km), don’t worry though it was a lot of talking and not that much riding.
The night tour was cool though too for different reasons though. During this tour we rode in the Paris streets at dusk and got honked at a lot (our tour guide reassured us that it was fine)! The highlights were that we stopped at the best ice cream stand in Paris (there weren’t any preservatives in the ice cream) and rode on a boat called a ‘Baton Mouche’ on the Seine River!
The night tour was cool though too for different reasons though. During this tour we rode in the Paris streets at dusk and got honked at a lot (our tour guide reassured us that it was fine)! The highlights were that we stopped at the best ice cream stand in Paris (there weren’t any preservatives in the ice cream) and rode on a boat called a ‘Baton Mouche’ on the Seine River!
While on the boat, the Eiffel Tower sparkled…literally. Between 9 and 1 the tower sparkles on the hour. And let me tell you, it was spectacular. And I am NOT using that word lightly. I took a video of it but it just doesn’t do it justice. It was so beautiful it almost brought tears to my eyes. I think it means so much to me because the Eiffel Tower or le tour Eiffel en Français, is the one symbol that represents my passion for the French language and culture (even though the culture pisses me off at times). And to make the boat ride even better, we were given wine…disgusting dry wine, but wine none the less.
And I almost forgot, the tour guide was handsome and about our age and had an awesome French accent the few times we heard him speak French. His American mother was also on the tour and we were talking to her about how awesome his French was and she told us he had been teaching English for the last year. Come to find out, he did the same program that I am doing now and he reassured Kaitie and I that it will be awesome. And he gave us some tips too! It was awesome. By the time we got back to the hostel (30-40 minutes of travelling), it was 1 in the morning and so worth it!
I am honestly so happy I did this tour. Mom and Danielle- we will be doing this tour! Sorry if I ruined it for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment