Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 3 in Paris


Today was our last day in Paris and we took it semi-easy. We were tired from the day before and didn’t want to be tired for our travel day the following day. We decided to go to Opéra Garnier, that Toni, my cooperating teacher that I student taught for, recommended. The outside was awesome…and unfortunately that’s all we were able to see because they had a performance that afternoon and it was closed. After this we went into Gallerie Lafayette, the largest department store in Paris (possibly in the world...see pictures)! It was so BIG and had so many expensive stores ex. Marc Jacobs and Louis Vaton, and probably others that are important but I didn’t remember because I never heard of them! It was 4 or 5 storied tall with a ceiling that you would find in a cathedral! And of course most things were out of my price range, but I didn’t need to shop anyways, I could barely manage my bags as it was! I did get one thing, a macaroon (not like a coconut macaroon)…oh my, it was SO GOOD!!!! Everyone needs to have at least one in their life. We then did a tour of the Paris sewer system. Now you ask why? Yah, I ask myself the same thing! I knew it was cleaned out, but they did not tell me it was still going to smell like SHIT. I gagged at least three times and almost puked once. Don’t get me wrong, it was very interesting and I learned some cool stuff…but I will never do that again…it was so stinky. After the tour we walked around les Champs d’Elysée where all the other expensive stores are (ya know, the stores that make Paris known as the fashion capital of the world) we went back to the hostel, grabbed some dinner and ate in the room.

At this point, my feet were tired and I had enough of the big city. I was ready to go meet the teachers I would be working with for the following 7 months and get settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment