When I got to my hostel it was 11AM and I checked in and found the girl, Kaitie, who I was meeting up with. I got changed from my sweaty clothes and got ready for a day in Paris. We grabbed some lunch, ate in a park, and started on our adventure in the city. We didn’t do much the first day because I was jetlagged, my foot was bothering me (that’s a whole different story), and I wore the shoes that were digging into my heels. In all, we saw the Eiffel Tower (I will go on about that later), went in a museum where we saw Napoleon’s tomb, armor suit things that were used in the castles under different Kings, and a WWII museum. Napoleon, who is known to be a very short man, had an enormous tomb…legit enormous and unnecessary. The armor was cool looking and very intricate, unfortunately my brain didn’t feel like working so I didn’t read the majority of the captions because they were in French and I was being lazy. Same goes for the WWII museum. It was kind of boring mostly because I didn’t read the captions and didn’t know what they were trying to show me. When we left the museum, we went to the Eiffel Tower and took a break and talked. I was so happy that I toured Paris with Kaitie, she is an awesome girl, and we got along so well! And another bonus was that she was awesome at reading maps, already knew how the metro system worked, and was familiar with Paris! Definitely made a new friend this past weekend! She will be living about an hour or an hour and a half by train away from me! Anywho, we eventually headed back, grabbed some dinner from the supermarché (supermarket) and went back to the hostel. Which FYI, the hostel and its workers were awesome, full of young people, clean, had free breakfast, Wifi and a bar downstairs!
No comments:
Post a Comment