Thursday, September 29, 2011

And More Answers Are Revealed

Today was a good day. I was productive and my questions/issues are being answered/resolved one by one. This morning I went to the grocery store and bought some food and other necessities…I
feel like I have mostly everything I need to make me feel at home. Everything but WiFi that is…and that should change soon…hopefully. They told me ill be moving into my other room tomorrow (but I also heard it would be ready Wendesday, and Thursday), so I am taking that with a grain of salt.

I also met the German language assistant and she is really nice. She hasn’t decided if she is living here or in Limoges yet though, I am hoping here through just so that I can at least have one friend. She is 27, has already been a French teacher for a few years (and decided she needs more practice), and has a car. So there is nothing stopping her from living in Limoges (besides the cost of living and the gas she will be using every day). I don’t want to be selfish, but I really want her to stay here so we can be lonely together! And also, her French is better than mine…which makes me feel a little inferior/hesitant/inconfident with my level but whatever… I’m here to improve my French.
If I was an expert, I would have skipped these next 7 months and stay in my comfort zone in good old Sanborn, NY. I know these next few months are going to make me an even more independent and stronger woman than I already am. I have to remind myself that every day. 
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Oh and one more thing. I was looking on a door of a bed and breakfast today to see the prices and the owner came in and asked me if I was just looking and I told her about my mom and sister coming in February and she continued to show me the 4 rooms at the bed and breakfast that were all very
nice and homey with an excellent view! I then proceeded to ask her if she knew a place where I could buy a TV and she told me one store…and then said, “Oh, we actually just bought new TV’s and I
can sell you one of our old ones!” She showed me the TV and it comes with a built-in DVD player and a cable box for only 50. And that will help my boredom and help me
learn more French at the same time! I just have to make sure that there is a cable hook up in my new room and I can buy the TV from her! Go me for opening my fat mouth! 

On that note, I am getting ready for bed…goodnight!


2 comments:

  1. It was very nice to drink my morning coffee and read about your adventures!

    Uncle Dave is working nights this weekend (and might be going on strike tonight!), it is BBQ weekend for the Fire Department and I need to clean the house and do laundry! Josh is doing well with Varsity Volleyball - they are 5-0!! Nick is working hard at rivers end and earning lots of money to buy books!

    Will turn on my Skype so we can chat, if you want. Would love to!!!

    Take care - We believe in your strength and in YOU!!! (Insert some positive French saying here)

    Love You XXOO Aunt Lori and "the boys"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you have a cable hook up that would be awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete