Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My 'Crib' or lack thereof.

So I realized I never posted pictures of my room and after thoroughly cleaning on Saturday morning I decided to take some pictures (no this is what my ideal room looks like--not what it looks like on a day-to-day basis).
So this is a picture of my room standing at the door.

Here is a picture on my desk with my computer, a picture of Jordan and I on our last date, the X-Ray of my lungs symbolizing me being a legal resident in France, and a map of "downtown" Bellac.
This is my wardrobe and this is where I hang the cards people send me and hang the post cards of the places I have visited (so far Paris, Madrid, and Lacanau).
This is my lovely twin bed and night stand.  It's nothing special, not comfortable but not uncomfortable either.  Notice the teddy bear that Jordan sent me :-)
This sink and medicine cabinet are in my room and are quite convenient.  The thing I don't like is that as of this moment, I don't have a kitchen, so I wash my face, brush my teeth, and wash my dishes all in the same sink and I find that disgusting. 

These are my scarves (the blue and pink one were only 1 euro...so like $1.45!!!) I use to decorate my walls...they are hanging on my "clothesline." 
So  this is my shower that is down the hall, pretty normal.  Thank God it is not one of the showers I had last time in France that was a glorified bathtub with a hose and shower head not attached to the wall forcing me to hose myself off like you would a dog.
This is the lovely toilet I use.  NOTICE--it has no toilet seat?  France what is wrong with you, is it that much more expensive to put a toilet seat on a toilet?  I just don't understand you sometimes!
To get even better, this is a sign on the back of the bathroom door saying "Prayer of throwing nothing in these toilets, neither cotton nor napkins, use the garbage can please."  So...my question is then--am I allowed to put toilet paper in the toilet?  I don't really care either way because I put it in the toilet...I refuse to put my toilet paper in a garbage can next to the toilet.  Abso-freakin-lutely not. 
So there it is, my lovely abode.  I feel like I am living in college again except with half the work.  Hope you enjoyed.

3 comments:

  1. We were not allowed to put the toilet paper in the toilet in Panama. There was always a garbage can next to the toilet for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is lime green in your room!!! Did they know that about you before you got there and painted it that way in your honor? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if I am not allowed to put TP in the toilet, they are just going to have to deal bc the idea of putting it into the garbage can in crazy! We are in the 2000's, they need to get with the program!

    And Aunt Lori, nope I never said anything but it seems like they are mind readers or something!

    ReplyDelete