So yesterday was a Sports Day for me. I only had one class (and it went really well because my students are actually well-behaved, intelligent, and participate and let me tell you, that does not happen often). After lunch I played badminton with the student club. Let’s just say that I am TERRIBLE at badminton and I couldn’t even serve the dang birdie in the beginning. I would swing, drop the birdie right before I was going to serve and then would miss the birdie and it would fall to the ground. It was bad. AND THEN, we started doing drills and the coach/gym teacher was giving directions serve, short hit, long hit, SMASH (AKA SPIKE). I WAS LUCKY IF I COULD HIT THE THING IN GENERAL. Aiming…forget it. And all of this was whatever because I was playing with the German Assistant Carina. BUT THEN, everybody changed partners! I was so terrible I felt bad for the other people who had to play with me. I told the people I played with it was my first time playing and apologized before we even started. They were all very nice and told me not to worry. Now why on earth did I think it was a good idea to go to badminton in the first place? I thought it was going to be just recreational and fun…nope these girls and boys were LEGIT! On the other hand, I was the exact opposite of legit, I was a joke. I think I had only played once or twice in my life at a picnic…of maybe never. So after doing these awful drills with every person there and after failing, we then started playing games. And she assigned teams. When everyone started, she pulled me aside and taught me how to serve and I practiced on a court, by myself, and practiced. Believe it or not, by the end of the 2 hours, I could serve and wasn’t missing the birdie anymore! Improvement. So, I played about 5 games and lost every single one but it was ok. One game was close, there was another girl who also just started playing badminton a couple weeks ago. She was very helpful and I was thankful for her. She helped me as much as she could. Let’s just say at the end of the two hours, I was sweating (who knew badminton was so tiring??) and very happy to leave!!! I’ll probably go back next week and won’t give up quite yet. It was fun even though I embarrassed the crap out of myself, but there was improvement and I am NOT a quitter…so I will go back and at least try give it one more shot.
THEN…a few hours later I went to the pool with Jose! We already had this planned and we were both really excited to go. I swam 70 laps…so after the conversion from meters to yards I believe I swam about 1900 yards…meaning about 76 laps in a yard pool. Not too shabby. Then I went into the hammam and sauna this time there weren’t any complications because I drank tons of water. Saunas are supposed to be good for colds, and I’m not stuffy today so I think it helped! Perfect. Needless to say I was very tired last night after my busy day.
This brings us to today…I AM SO SORE. My shoulders, my back, my butt, my legs…ugh everything. J’ai mal partout (I hurt everywhere)! I miss feeling like this! I took some ibuprofen and feel a little better but still am super tight and sore. I could really use a back rub right about now. Too bad my dad or my boyfriend aren’t here right now! I guess I will live.
No comments:
Post a Comment