A.) I do not have to call another lender for my student loans until May or June and ALL of my loans (besides one) are either deferred or in forbearance…about 50 phone calls later. That may be just a little bit of an exaggeration. The one loan that I am still paying is the lowest payment of all of them so it’s no big deal.
B.) I had a doctor’s appointment last week and am now a legal citizen or alien (of whatever it is that I am) in France. I don’t have to deal with any more visa stuff and can now get a French social security number and sign up for health care! And another plus is that I can't get deported and can leave the country as I please.
C.) Jordan will be in France in 25 days and I get to spend Christmas in Rome and New Years in Paris (with a stop in Venice in between). While it sucks that I won’t be ‘home for Christmas,’ I know I am going to be having a blast across the pond and I am really excited!
SO…today is a good day (even though I am catching a cold, feel like crap, and repeated myself about 100x today during my 2 classes at the middle school today). I taught about the basics of Thanksgiving (I wish I could explain it in more details but I am lucky they understood the basics). It was a fun lesson because I acted out Thanksgiving pretending I was a Pilgrim (ex. “No no no, I do not want to be Catholic because I am Protestant). After we spoke about the history of thanksgiving, I explained that Thanksgiving is the day when we recognize and say thank you for our friends, family, and the food we eat (they don’t understand the word blessing and I tried to not make the lesson too ‘religious’).
Today is a day where I don’t have class from 12:10 until 4:30. I eat lunch and then waste my next few hours. I really hate waiting just to teach one class, not that I really have anything to do, but I feel like that one class just hangs over my head and I wait and wait and wait for it to come. Yuck. But in general, my schedule is pretty awesome, I don’t work Monday mornings or Fridays so I guess I can’t complain too much.
Ok, I suppose I should get ready for class now and get all my papers together. Class is in 15 minutes. Here we go…Thanksgiving round 4 for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment