Monday, November 7, 2011

Recap of the Weekend

Friday I didn’t do too much and was completely ok with it.  Friday is the beginning of the weekend for me.  This lovely Friday I did my laundry (seeing as it had been  a week) and that is more time consuming than one would ever think.  These “professional” machines, at least what the evil laundry bitch called them, are a piece of shit.  I dried my clothes for about 1 hr and 15 min and they were still soaked...hot…but still soaked.  Of course at this point in time, the evil laundry bitch tells me that she needs the machines because she is a bitch and that is what she would do.  So, now I have a pile of wet clothes (2 laundry loads) in my room sitting in a laundry basket.  I had a total of about 8 hangers which I used to hang my nicest shirts and sweaters.  Other than those 8 hangers, the rest of my clothes were scattered everywhere… the door handle, the 4 hooks I have, over my desk chair, my underwear hanging off the corner of my desk drawer…I am sure you get the point.  My room was disastrous.


Later than night Jose and I went to get new watch batteries (for my new watch that I bought in Madrid that stopped working the night I got it, and now with the new battery still doesn’t keep accurate time …GRR), went to the bank, tried to sign up for a cinema club to watch reduced prices movie (for our cinema with one theatre that had about one movie playing per day…if you’re lucky) and then to the grocery store.  At the grocery store, Jose and I decided to do “bricolage” AKA do-it-yourself work.  I bought pin-like-things and a rope to make a clothes line and he bought a curtain rod to hang curtains.  So now I have a beautiful clothes line in my room  with tons of clothes hanging on it (yes, I still have damp clothes even after 3 full days of drying).  It’s lovely. 
The next afternoon I went and met up with an American girl named Stefanie that I had never met before.  We met on facebook through a common friend and after messaging back and forth we decided to meet up.  It was her birthday this weekend and she wanted someone to celebrate with (and like me, she doesn’t have many friends either because we are losers in small towns).  So off I went on the train and met up with her.  To keep things short and sweet, I had a great time and she is someone I could actually see myself being legit friends with…as opposed to other people I have met who are more friends of convenience.  We are both into sports/working out as opposed to going out and getting wasted on a regular basis.  AND this is her second year doing this program so I grilled her and asked me a lot of questions about her experiences and the job in general.  I am sure we will be seeing each other again soon!  Yay for new friends!
Also, the movie “The Other Boleyn Girl” was on TV last night in French so I watched that (with French subtitles of course).  It was nice to be able to watch a show/movie that I have already seen/heard of!  That’s it for the weekend and I hope to update you about the coming week soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment