I don't know why but teaching here in France makes me extra tired. I feel equally tired now when I teach 2 or 3 classes than when I was student teaching AND on the swim team at the same time. It isn't that strenuous granted I do put an extreme amount of energy into my classes (if I don't act/use gestures/write down words when I speak, most classes have no idea what I am saying...and sometimes with all of this, they still don't understand)! I am exhausted. Today I had a class from 8-9 with sophomores, then I had 2 classes from 10-12 at the middle school, and then 1 more class from 4:30-5:30. Everything went fairly well today. I didn't get frustrated at all which is always a good thing! Today my classes at the middle school went especially well compared to last week. Last week I planned a speaking/conversation activity and this week I worked more with vocabulary and answering simple questions. The lesson I planned was an appropriate level for the students. It's amazing how gratifying a good lesson can be. They even told me they had fun and were sad when they had to go back to their teacher! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. For once I feel like I am doing a good job and am appreciated...something I rarely feel in the high school.
Today I also went to the bank and now own French checks!!! Do I know how to write a French check...well, that's a different story. I will have to google it. There are 3 blank lines and I am not sure what to write on each one! I also paid my rent for October and November and put 20 euros on my account for the cafeteria. That should last me a month or so hopefully!
One more tid-bit on information, today I watched "l'incroyable famille Kardashians" litterally translating to "the incredible Kardashian familly"...in America called "Keeping up with the Kardashians." So this show is the same as America but it is dubbed into French and you can still hear the English being spoken. Watching this show was interestingly difficult because my brain was getting confused as to what language to listen to. I could hear the English before the translation started and then the French started and I got all confused...and I was trying to lip read as well and because the French didn't match their lips it was even more confusing. I did better when I didn't look at the TV and just listened than when I watched and listened. I guess it's a good thing that my brain was confused, it means that there is a conflict of languages and that it recognizes both. I understood the vast majority of the French when I heard it which is always a plus! I guess this situation is just hard to explain and understand unless you've been in it before. It left me feeling all confused!
Ok, skype time with the boyfriend! More soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment