So I remember the last time in France (2 years ago when I studied abroad) I just got confident in French, used to life in France and really started enjoying my time and then it was time to go home. This time around I started really enjoying France a month or two ago and am enjoying my time here. I no longer resent my small town I live in but actually really like it. I am involved in my town and have met some really nice people. On the weekends I visit friends or explore new cities or occasionally even stay here and relax. I am really glad that this program was 7 months long and not just 4 (like abroad). It gave me time to learn to despise my town and now time to really appreciate all it’s worth. I am now busy three days during the week and before, the reason why I didn’t like my town is because I felt lonely, trapped, and bored. Now, I don’t feel any of those things. And I love it. Don’t get me wrong, I am more than excited to go home, but I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed parts of my time here.
No comments:
Post a Comment