Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The End is Near...


So my time here is slowly running out.  5 weeks left.  17 days of teaching left.  It is crazy how time flies.  In October and November I felt like this time was never going to come. 

I have an exciting 4 weekends ahead of me.  This coming weekend I am going to Bordeaux (as in Bordeaux wine, the region where it is made) to visit an American friend that I studied abroad with and now is an assistant as well.  Bordeaux is the sixth biggest city in France and from what I hear, it is a pretty cool city.  The weekend after that is my birthday and I hope to go to the beach (about 3.5 hours from here by train) and get a tan…but the weather isn’t very predictable so maybe that won’t happen.  If not, I’d like to go to Dordogne, an area I can go kayaking in and while kayaking, there are apparently some castles you can see.  I hear it is a beautiful area.  The weekend after that (The first weekend of April), Easter, I am going to visit a friend in London!  I will be staying at her flat and she can be my guide.  I also have a couple friends from college that are studying abroad there that I would really like to see as well!  So now, this brings me to my next weekend in France…I will be going to Versailles.  You know, the castle that was stormed by the French peasants during the French Revolution.  There is some fountain show that is paired with music and lights so I am told.  This is a place that I have wanted to go for a while but haven’t had the time.  It is near Paris, but not in Paris and when only in Paris for a few days, I never wanted to waste a day not enjoying the Paris city center.  So here is my time, the only part that I don’t like is that we are taking a bus…probably a 4 hour ride and I sometimes have the problem of getting motion sick.  Hopefully I will be ok though!

So as excited I am to go to all of these places, I am equally excited to come home.  7 months in a long time to not come home…I am ready for my ‘normal’ life again.  USA, here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment