Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lists.

Thing I Could Get Used To:

1.)    Doing my hair à la française…meaning-not doing my hair at all.  I rock the roll out of bed look on a daily basis. 

2.)    Eating nutella for breakfast and not feel unhealthy.  It’s kind of normal for the young people (I think). 

3.)    My Non-Existent Work Schedule- This has been my week so far…

Monday- Students had a half day because it was supposed to snow and I only have class in the afternoon.  Awesome, no classes for me.

Tuesday- Buses were cancelled the night before for the students so the only students that were here were the ones who lived in the boarding school.  There was also a grève (AKA strike) for the teachers.  Because the students weren’t coming to school, many of the teachers decided not to either.  MEANING- no classes for me.

Wednesday- I have one class in the morning and my students were no where to be found.  When I told the attendance office, they went looking for the students and told me they have a “BAC blanc” which would be similar to a Practice SAT (except more subjects and harder).  MEANING- no class for me

Thursday- I should have my 4 classes tomorrow

Friday- My Day Off



I will get paid for 12 hours even though I only worked 4.  Awesome.

4.)    Not having to leave a tip in a restaurant!

5.)    Eating an appératif (AKA pre-dinner drink and snack), a main course, cheese/bread, and especially DESSERT!  All of that, every day, at both lunch and dinner!

Things that I will NEVER get used to:

1.)    The ‘I don’t care/I am lazy mentality” meaning Delee waits in line at the post office or grocery store forever.

2.)    Having to ask 3 or 4 times to get something done.

3.)    The French Education System (learning should be fun and not taught straight from a book)

4.)    Being STARED at while I go running.  “What?  Why is she running outside?  That’s so weird!  I will just give her the stare down until she passes my house.  At that point I may even stop the car and still watch her.”  AWKWARD…and I don’t like it, all I can do is laugh though

5.)    Not having a car and having to rely on my feeties or the train for transportation.

6.)    Not having a gym/pool/exercise facility in my town

7.)    Missing my family and friends

8.)    Feeling weird when I wear bright colors

9.)    The unacceptableness of wearing sweatpants in public (not that I brought any with me).

10.) Walking to the grocery store, even worse, walking home from the grocery store with 2 heavy bags because I bought too much junk.

I think that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment